MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- The accountable executive will be a single, identifiable person within each organization who will assume full responsibility for the organization’s ongoing compliance with the RPAS regulations (Part 101). It is imperative that the correct person is identified as the accountable executive, and that the individual understands and accepts the roles and responsibilities associated with that position. This is not intended to be a position title without accountability.
Aviation Safety Officer
- The Safety Officer should have basic skills in order for him/her to manage the safety system within the RPAS aviation operations.
- Qualifications: Safety Management System Course – 5 days
RP: Flight Operations
- Responsible for RPAS Flight Operations
- Qualifications: RPL Pilot Licenses
- Responsible for RPAS Maintenance
- Qualifications: RPAS Maintenance Experience
Quality Assurance Manager
- Quality managers aim to ensure that the RPAS operations an organization provides is fit for purpose, is insistent and meets both external and internal requirements. This includes legal compliance. A quality manager, sometimes called a quality assurance manager, coordinates the activities required to meet these quality standards.
- Qualifications: Quality Assurance Course – 2 days
- Security Officer will need to perform a range of duties which are designed to ensure the safety and security of aviation within the PRAS operations.
- Qualifications: Aviation Security Awareness Course – 1 day
Certified RPL Training at a RPAS Training Academy
- Theory and practical
- Approx. 10-days
– Course content is prescribed by SACAA in SACATS 101
- Self-study – (training modules provided beforehand)
- DFE Examination Flight Test Included
Locations: Wonderboom Airfield and Corsair Flying Field
- Air Law
- Human Performance
- Radio Links
- Battery Procedures
- Aircraft Flight and Performance
- Multirotor Flight and Performance
- English Proficiency Course
- Radio Telemetry License Course– Required by SACAA to operate a RPAS System
For processing the Aerial Images into a workable format, a powerful workstation is needed to process the data that suits a GIS environment.
Agisoft PhotoScan Pro allows to generate high resolution georeferenced orthophotos (up to 5 cm accuracy with GCP) and exceptionally detailed DEMs, point clouds and textured polygonal models.
The fully automated workflow enables a non-specialist to process thousands of aerial images on a desktop computer to produce professional class photogrammetric data.
Certified RPAS Product Training
- Approximately 5-days
- Theoretical and practical sessions
- Theoretical and simulation classroom training
- Simulation and flight in own environment
- Theoretical sessions (iGlobe Offices)
- Practical training (Corsair RC Airfield)
When buying equipment Global Vision delivers a service called an ‘Implementation Package’ to assist the client in
configuring, understanding and implementing the RPAS Survey Solution. This Implementation Package is aimed at
giving your resources the necessary skills and knowledge to be capable of successfully operating the RPAS Survey
Solution to its full potential.
This is an enhancement and hands-on training once the pilot has acquired the standard RPL (Remote Pilot licence).
- RPAS Auto Pilot and Ground Station Software Training.
- Photogrammetry RPAS Pilot Training or Application Flight Training.
- Photogrammetry RPAS Pilot Training.
- Pre-flight planning and site establishment.
- Ground station and site set-up.
- Flight and Aerial Survey workflow execution.
- Photogrammetry Image processing training.
- RPAS Survey Data Management.
Office: +27 (0)12 345 5330